Monday, December 8, 2008

Email Marketing - Post #7

For this assignment I signed up with Verticle Response. I was apprehensive about sending this email to friends because it really wasn't for my own website, but for the class. Most of my friends and associates live outside the San Diego area, so attending the class doesn't apply to them. Also, I'm concerned that because of this mailing, when I actually do future mailings for my business, because this was not directly related to my own business, my friends will ignore mail from me.

A few days after the mailing I received a call from Verticle Response asking how I liked the product and when I was planning to do another mailing. Very friendly, no pressure.

As far as using an outside mailing service at this time, I don't think I'm ready. Until I'm ready to launch the website and have put together a contact list, I'll just do a bulk mailing from my Email client.

No comments: